electronflow

beware the lies...

Thursday, November 02, 2006

Change of supervision

Yes, it has happened...my patience ran out and I left the evil demon professor. For those that read this, there exists a certain professor at McGill University that is a charming/Charismatic psychopath...proceed with caution.

So I am now with a NORMAL professor. That's all I want. I'm willing to be with anyone who is NOT a psychopath, that's all I ask for.

Want to know how it happened? It went like this:

After a year and a half, I realize that he is a psychopath and that I can't take it anymore. It was the usual email that suddenly triggered it, stating how disappointed he was in me about blah blah blah...bullshit tactics to get his students to work all the time. I went to a therapist to talk about it and understand wtf is up, and visited a few sites about psychopaths....turns out he is a charming psychopath...wow.

I knew I just wanted to leave his research group for any other, but I knew I had to plan EVERYTHING behind his back. I'm glad I did! I just sent an email saying that I was very sick and that I'll be in when I feel better. I sent an email to the Associate Dean of Graduate Studies asking for an appointment. Now, this email, it was more of a 4 page essay with the thesis that he is a charming psychopath and that I want to leave the group ASAP. I put a LOT of examples showing his callousness, lack of empathy, freaky displays of power trips, etc. I gained her empathy and she was immediately on my side.

After 5 months of bullshit, him trying to delay, him trying to get me completely out of the research field, him trying to get me out of the university, etc.....I finally was rid of him! I am still researching the same area and really like it. Problem is that it added some time to my degree; small price to pay if you ask me! So, take it from me, always be careful of psychopaths in high places! Psychopaths aren't just low-life freaks that go around killing and go to jail! Robert Hare is heavily involved in this study these days.