electronflow

beware the lies...

Friday, January 13, 2006

gta Montreal


I had my first real life inactment of a sheep in grand theft auto last night. It was around 10pm and I was in the metro on my way home. Before I even reached BERRI-UQAM to make my transfer up the orange line to JEAN-TALON, we ran into some trouble at SAINT LAURENT station.

The train didn't move and people were wondering why the doors weren't closing and the train wasn't carrying on with the journey. I started hearing noise through my headphones and so I took them off and peeked outside the doors to where the noise was coming from. A crowd of people were running towards me (I happened to be near an exit) yelling shit like 'HE'S GOT A GUN!' and 'GET THE HELL OUT!' and 'AAAAA!'. I ran like a bitch and walked the streets south to the orange line to continue on home.

I gave Anna a call and she had a good point that it was strange that the screaming was english. I think I just have a good french filter. I'm just hoping that my next experience isn't any closer to the gun.